Thursday 27 November 2014

Growing up - Somewhere new to live

Hello my lovelies!

SO I'm now well in to my second year of university here at the University of Chester and it's been a wonderful experience so far. I'm way on top of most of my work, I've found the friends I want to keep and my new housemates are sweethearts. Most of the time anyway. However I've also discovered more about myself. I now know that I do get stressed easily and I'm not as social friendly as I was last year. I have a lot more responsibility to myself and to others and I think I've taken to it rather well. I've also decided that I'm ready to have my own place. 


I know what you're thinking - 'You've got your own place, you pay rent on a house!' - but I don't feel like it's my home. I want somewhere that I can take care of and really make my own, somewhere friends can visit but also where I can be away from the world. A real place to call my own. I'm planning to become a big girl and find a flat to rent next year. A one bedroom flat or a studio flat. All by myself! If I could afford it and felt I wanted to settle in Chester I would probably consider buying an apartment, but alas I cannot and do not. 


It's a little bit scary, but I think I'm ready. I know that I definitely don't want to be a hall warden in my third year as I struggle dealing with the freshers and the noise this year, and that's without needing to do a dissertation. I also don't want to be stuck in another house full of strangers where there's bound to be drama or little friendship cliques. I definitely don't want to be somewhere that requires me to share a kitchen, bathroom and toilet with more than 2 other people - I have a bit of a thing about hygiene when it comes to sharing such facilities. 

I do feel like this is a big leap in to the bounds of adulthood, but it's going to happen some day so I say 'why not sooner rather than later?'. It's time to get the Bridget Jones pants out, pull my socks up and grow up. 

Thanks for reading the rant! Don't forget to like, comment, share, subscribe, +1 etc.

Love you all!
T
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment