Sunday 7 September 2014

My Summer as a Funstar!

Hello my lovelies!

As you already know, I have spent the past 8 weeks working at Presthaven Holiday Park in Prestatyn, Wales as part of the Entertainments team. Let me tell you, it's been an amazing summer and I've been able to have so many new experiences and discover more about who I really am. I've found a side of me that's super confident and willing to do things that would have previously made me squirm. I've worked with an amazing team and made some really great friends who are super talented and they're all very special people.

Before I tell you what I've been up to, I'd like to say a huge thank you to the team for making me feel right at home. Tracey, Jake, Ellie, Holly, Lisa, Harriet, Sandy, Lindsay, Lilli and Shane, you truly are amazing people and I am so honoured to have had the opportunity to work with you all. Also, a massive thank you to the Complex team for being so lovely and welcoming and to Haven Holidays for giving me a summer to remember.


I have taken part in many different aspects of the Funstar life and this is the chance for you to have a little bit of an insight. Of course, what I tell you is only going to be a small snippet of the things you get up to in this job as I'm sure you can imagine.

Character Breakfasts
I had so much fun walking the Seaside Squad around the Mash and Barrel, whether it was Rory, Greedy, Polly, Ned or Bradley (I don't think I ever got to work on a breakfast with Anxious). The best day for me believe it or not, was Mondays with Bradley and Ned. Being a check in day, it was always a busy one so there were lots of people having their photograph taken with Bradley and Ned before collecting a sticker and recipe cards from me and having a little chat about their holiday. It was a lovely opportunity to actually get to chat with the guests and it was always wonderful to see the grins on the children's faces as they gave Bradley a big bear hug or Ned a high 5.


Kids Clubs
Most of the time I was with Club RnB working with children aged between 5 and 8 (although we did have the odd few that were clearly older or younger but were with siblings or didn't want to do the activity their own groups were doing). Over the weeks the groups have made a hat for Bradley Bear, Aladdin's cave of wonders, Cinderella's shoe palace, Wrestling posters and banners and many seaside holiday drawings in Arts and Crafts. There's also been many sessions doing seaside games or character sports with special guest Rory. It's nice being able to keep the children happy and give the rest of the holiday party a bit of a break.

Go Live
I was fortunate enough to take part in a whole load of Go Live games which were always filled with hilarity. I've had my face painted, shaving foam pies thrown all over the place, pizza smooshed in my face, bouncy hoppers hitting me on the head and so much more. It's really hard to explain just how much fun the games were and how satisfying it is to know you're providing quality entertainment for so many people.


Project Talent
Project Talent is something done by every Haven park during Peak season where the Funstars go head to head showing off their talent. The winner from each park goes through to semi finals and then there's the finals held at the end of season gala. I was ill for a couple of the shows but I really enjoyed taking part in this competition. It gave me the opportunity to sing solo for large crowds (something I still get a little nervous about even after doing it several times over the years) and to show that I've got more to me than just a bright smile and great conversation. 

If you'd like to hear a bit more about some of the other things I've been up to this summer then let me know! Leave a comment or drop me an email using the contact form or you can find my social media links here.

Don't forget to like, share, subscribe, +1, follow etc. Each little click helps share some sparkly love to the world.

Love you all!

T
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment