Thursday 10 December 2015

Reception Class Blogmas 2015 - Day 10

Hello my lovelies!

Boy oh boy am I tired! Today was my first day working with a lovely local Primary School in order to gain some further, more recent experience working in the classroom and I was fortunate enough to work with the reception class. I have only worked with the Early Years Foundation Stage once before so I was rather nervous about how I would be able to handle them but the children were so sweet and all of the staff so friendly that I had no need to be concerned. 

For those of you who may not know, I have quite a vast life plan. I've always know that I wanted to be a Primary teacher but in more recent years that plan has expanded. I'd like to start my career teaching, progressing to higher roles in school; head of department, head of year, head of faculty, then Deputy Head, Headteacher and Super-head. I'd eventually like to progress in to the political side of education, working with the Department of Education. The biggest role, right at the top of my list, is Minister for Education, but who knows maybe Prime Minister could be stuck in there too! However, I do believe in progressing to said career points, meaning I'm determined to gain the experience in order to earn those places. I want to teach because I am passionate about educating people and sharing knowledge. I'd like to think I will be the kind of teacher who inspires her pupils, pushing them to become the best version of themselves not only academically but socially and personally. A well-rounded person, in my opinion, will always go far.

Source: http://quotesgram.com/walt-disney-quotes-on-education/
Anywho, back to my day! I really enjoyed working with the Reception class. I got to work on independent maths skills at one of the best times of the year in schools so the students were incredibly excited and terribly eager to learn. I also got to experience Physical Education, it certainly isn't how I remember it! The class participated in hockey, something I didn't do until at least Year 5 or 6! I remember my Primary P.E classes being mostly athletics, gymnastics and dance. Maybe a little bit of football. One particular class that springs to mind was the Tudor Dance class we had for a few weeks as P.E in order to learn a routine to use in the school play - I played Queen Elizabeth that year, it was awesome having everyone bow down to me haha! - but i certainly do not remember being allowed near a hockey stick.

Photo courtesy of University of Chester Orchestral Society
This evening was rather hectic as well, as it was the Orchestral Society's Christmas Performance. I was shattered, had barely had any time to eat and get changed and really did not feel like putting on a show. In the end, however, it was a great night. We raised a bunch of money for charity - even if the University Choir did let us down last minute - and we put on one hell of a show. My Orchestra family has been one of my biggest support networks at uni, I've made friends there who I know will be in my life for a long time.

Now though, I think it's time for me to sleep. Goodnight!

Love you all!
T
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment