Saturday 5 December 2015

Worn out and it's only just begun! Blogmas 2015 - Day 5

Hello my lovelies!

I didn't post yesterday as I was sooo tired after the full day at my postgraduate interview. It was such a long day and I barely ate anything so by the end of it I was ready for food and then bed. I must say, it was a rather enjoyable day and nicely spaced out so nothing felt rushed. I think it went rather well and I found out a few bits and pieces that I didn't know so all in all it was a positive experience. Now all I need to do is wait and find out how I got on!

Today, due to the hectic day yesterday, has been incredibly chilled out. I did a bit of dissertation work down at the records office this morning which was nice an productive. I always enjoy going down to the records office, it's so peaceful and the staff are all so lovely that it makes it such a pleasant experience. I think it helps that my mother came to help me out with the data collection as well. 



 The majority of this afternoon was spent at a garden centre. This is the only time of year where I find that I can tolerate such places because of the Christmas displays! And boy oh boy was I in for a treat! There were so many fairy lights - I actually ended up picking up three packs for my room at uni - and then all the tree decoration displays were stunning. My favourite decorations are always the traditional Victorian style or the pastels. I personally decorate my miniature tree with pastel pinks and purples (because I'm just such a girly girl that I cannot resist!) while my mother prefers the bright pinks, purples, blues and greens to match our obnoxiously loud lounge decor. I'm so happy with my new fairy lights though, I've been looking for snowflake lights for such a long time and finally came across them today! 

This evening was spent decorating the house with my father. It was so lovely as I haven't been at home when the decorations have gone up for a few years so to be there to help out made me feel like a child again. I got to decorate the trees whilst my dad focused on the window displays and the lights. We like to go all out at Christmas which is rather unusual in the UK these days, People still have their trees and might have a few lights but not many will decorate several rooms, put outdoor lights and displays or window displays up which I find rather depressing. Christmas is the best time of the year after all! It's when everyone is full of Christmas cheer and families are reunited. 

I'm heading back to Chester tomorrow so have a long coach journey to look forward to once again. I don't get back until late so don't be surprised if I miss another day! 

Leave a comment and let me know what you've been up to this week and what you do to decorate and celebrate!

Love you all!
T
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment