Thursday 3 December 2015

Throwback! Blogmas 2015 - Day 3

Hello my lovelies!

It's been a rather hectic day today but I am in such a holly jolly mood! The day began bright and early and if you know me, you know that I am so not a morning person. I was wide awake pretty quickly though as I clocked what day it is... Interview day! Yes, the day has finally arrived. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be, that's for sure. It was so surreal to be back somewhere I know so well interviewing for a place on a postgraduate course. There were people I remember from my childhood still working there and everything looked incredibly similar. 

Can you see meeee?
The interview day itself was rather fun. I got to do a storybook activity with Year 2 children which was absolutely adorable and it went incredibly well. I also got to talk about myself for a good 15 minutes in a presentation, do you realise how difficult that is? I can talk for England but if I have to talk about myself, I really struggle! I felt so self conscious and absolutely uncomfortable but it definitely didn't come across in my performance. I seem to be very good at hiding my nerves when it comes to public speaking. I think it might be because I plan it out a lot. I practically write a script. I don't necessarily follow it as a script but I do like to have a list of points in front of me so I don't lose track. I think that went pretty well because I kept it lighthearted but formal and even got a few laughs from the interviewers (always a positive sign!). 

The interview part of the day was definitely the hardest, I had no idea what i would be asked, and they had some pretty tough questions! Fortunately, I'm quite good at talking around something until I can come up with a good enough straight answer and I was able to answer the majority of the questions with complete confidence. I stuck to my guns throughout the day and made sure that everything I said was consistent because it's never good to look like you don't know what you're doing. I got to ask a few questions at the end of the interview and they seemed pretty impressed with what I had to ask about so that made me smile! The entire day only ran from about 9am-12pm but it felt like so much longer.


My dad picked me up which was nice, I like driving around with my dad, I can be totally silly and he'll be silly with me. I got a little Christmas crazy in Tesco, all the Christmas food and decorations just gets me so excited! I'm always so thankful to receive an advent calendar each year, the build up to Christmas just makes it all the more exciting. Anything even remotely Christmassy at this time of year just sends me on a festive spiral haha! I was also lucky enough to fit in a visit to my grandparents. I don't get to see them very often because I'm rarely at home so it was really nice to have a little catch up with them. (Hi grandma and grandpa! I know you're probably reading this!) 

Anywho, I'm off to rest up for the night and get some sleep because I've got another long day of interview things tomorrow. Yep, I got through to round two! Squeeeee!

Love you all!
T
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment